STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Routt County Search and Rescue is accepting applications through April 30. Volunteer rescuers assist those who are lost or injured in the Routt County backcountry. Trainings are at 6 p.m. every Tuesday in downtown Steamboat. Fill out an application at routtcountysar.org/application. Volunteers must be CPR certified.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Junior Achievement is in need of youth volunteers to work in classrooms once a week. The organization provides training, curriculum and support. Contact 303-618-6269 or email@example.com.
• Northwest Colorado Health is in need of volunteers to help sell Rubber Ducky Race tickets in July and August as well as volunteers to help at the Emerald Mountain running race Sept. 21. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Hayden Heritage Center is in need of volunteers for the Ride the Cog gravel bike ride fundraiser May 18. The ride starts at the Hayden museum and ends at Wild Goose Granary. Volunteers are needed for aid stations, food service, TIP-certified beer service, setup, cleanup and more. Lunch will be provided. Email email@example.com.
• Yampa Valley Sustainability Council is in need of volunteers for the biannual Recycling Drop-Off Day on May 11. Volunteers will assist greeting and directing recyclers, unloading cars, answering questions and more. Sign up at yvsc.org/recyclingdropoff.
• Routt County United Way is in need of volunteers for its annual Day of Caring from 8:30 a.m. to noon May 22. Volunteers will work on projects requested by local nonprofits, individuals and government entities that otherwise wouldn’t have the resources to complete the projects. Sign up by May 13 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or going to routtcountyunitedway.org.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• LiftUp of Routt County is in need of donation center volunteers to prepare donated items for the store while educating donors on the LiftUp mission. Apply at liftuprc.org/volunteer, or contact 970-870-0727 or email@example.com.
• Casey’s Pond Senior Living is in need of volunteers to be friends with residents. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-457-4874.