Healing Hands of Joy (HHOJ) is a not-for-profit organization that exists to bring hope, happiness and a second chance to women affected by obstetric fistula (OF) in Ethiopia. It was established in the USA in 2009 and started operations in northern Ethiopia (Tigray) in 2010. The goal of HHOJ is to enable women treated for obstetric fistula to resume full and productive lives within their families/communities. HHOJ therefore works to support women to recover from the sometimes devastating impact of OF. This involves restoring their self-esteem, confidence and physical, psychosocial and economic capacity to engage fully and meaningfully as a family and community member. It also aims to improve maternal health especially reducing maternal and neonatal deaths and OF by training women treated for OF to become Safe Motherhood Ambassadors within their communities.
The vision of HHOJ is:
• To empower fistula survivors to successfully reintegrate as self-sustainable contributors and educators about safe delivery, within their communities
• To contribute to the reduction of new cases of obstetric fistula in Ethiopia
Essential job functions and deliverables:
• The Operations & Communications Manager is a key part of the Development Team and works closely with the ED, CDO and Portfolio Manager to oversee our US-based Operations, Communications and Support Events.
• Manages Operations including Finance Administration and HR.
• Oversees Donor Communications including but not limited to Board Communications, Annual Reports, Joy Trips/Climb and social media.
• Supports the Implementation of our Annual Strategic Fundraising Plan with a focus on coordinating Donor cultivation events.
Operations – Administration
• Processes donations and supervises maintenance of donor and gift record keeping and acknowledgments.
• Supports QuickBooks accounting including incoming donations and cost projections.
• Supports Accountant in managing operating US and Ethiopia Operating Budget, Expense Reports.
• Manages Employee Payroll and Vendor Invoicing.
• Books meetings, makes travel arrangements, prepares correspondence and conference calls with ED and Board of Directors.
• Liaison to the ED and CDO for Administration, reports to the ED and CDO.
• Oversees HHoJ Federal and State Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) Registration Status.
• Supports HHoJ Annual audits including but not limited to the organization’s external financial audit, its donor management data and the program’s efficiency, measured success, grant allocations, overhead reviews, HR compliance, etc.
• Assist the ED and CDO with tasks as needed. Provides company oversight in the ED’s absence.
• Creates and implements a communication calendar with the goal to engage and retain donors and raise funds for Campaigns.
• Supports content creation, i.e. film, photos and reports.
• Provides tablet training for photo taking.
• Updates website as needed.
Events – Fundraising
• Supports CLT based events.
• Supervises fundraising events working closely with the Executive Director, CDO, Development Manager, Board of Directors and Volunteers to obtain sponsorships, volunteer teams and ticket sales necessary to reach budgeted goals.
• Participates in the donor management process to develop strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward all individual donors.
• Advance fundraising strategies through interaction with donors in the community and at all events.
• Works with the Executive Director and CDO to develop and cultivate relationships with all public and private donors.
• Creates a working pipeline of donor/prospects to cultivate, solicit and steward in accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics.
Board of Directors Relations
• Oversees Communication with the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
• Creates annual and monthly Board calendar.
• Prepares Board Reports as requested during monthly Fundraising Committee meetings and quarterly Board Meetings.
• Utilizes Board Members where necessary and willing to participate in events and solicitation activities.
• 3-5 year’s professional fundraising experience.
• Adherence to highest ethical practices in fundraising and money management.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing a successful campaign and direct asks resulting in major gifts and multi-year pledges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Independent self-starter with positive problem-solver attitude
• Very computer literate (Word, Publisher, Excel), able to learn and use donor management software.
• Familiar with database entry and maintenance.
Submit resume to Catherine Fraser at email@example.com.