Hey Marketing Gurus – want to work with an amazing team to ensure that students have the resources they need to succeed in school? Classroom Central is hiring a Marketing & Communications Manager to plan, develop and implement all internal and external marketing. This position will oversee the development and implementation of support materials and services for the organization as it relates to marketing, communication and public relations., while coordinating at a tactical and strategic level with other functions within the organization, and having fun with coworkers!
• Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the public.
• Facilitate internal and external communications.
• Execute all organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including print publications/broadcast and digital media, social media, media relations, etc.
• Ensure consistent articulation and use of organization’s desired brand, throughout the organization and to all audiences.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization materials including print and electronic assets.
• Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Serve as organization’s spokesperson with the media.
• Prepare Executive Director and other appointed media representatives for media interviews and appearances.
• Oversee regular and relevant market research. Monitor trends.
• Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events and campaigns.
• Create and implement social media and digital marketing strategy to include content calendar and management of responses.
• Manage and update the organization’s website.
• Generate media exposure through community relationships, maximizing pro-bono opportunities where able.
• Communicate the organization’s impact by gathering stories from educators, donors, volunteers and other community stakeholders. Share stories through blog and other channels.
• Provide leadership and oversight to all critical marketing, communications and public relations processes.
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and objectives.
• Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Director of Development.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
• Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, as well as the education community and use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation.
• Produce and analyze data and reports as needed for the Management Team and Board of Directors.
• Participate, lead (when necessary) and attend community and agency-appropriate meetings.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Marketing Committee.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing & Communications” in the subject line.