India on Thursday strongly rejected the “baseless and laughable” allegations from top Pakistani leadership of a purported “False Flag Operation”.
Pakistan had alleged that India is plotting to conduct a cross-border military assault on the neighbouring country.
Reacting to this, MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said: “These are baseless and laughable allegations which have become part of the Pakistani leaders daily routine. These are anti-India statements. We chose to ignore.”
Earlier, Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi at a press conference in Dubai claimed that they had specific inputs of India conducting surgical operations on the neighbouring country.
Qureshi had cited credible intelligence information” Islamabad had “picked up”, saying it had been shared with “important world capitals.”
Earlier, allegations by Pakistan regarding Indian forces targeting a UN vehicle on December 18 was also denied by India.
The MEA had then called Pakistan’s claims to be “factually incorrect and false”.
In the past several instances, Pakistan has raised false alarm with the Pakistan NSA Moeed Yousuf speaking about Indian surgical strike.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, in a series of tweets, said India could conduct a “false flag operation” to divert attention from its internal problems.
All the allegations have now been denied by India.